Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Arora (Self)     08 September 2013

Private company does not give a copy of appointment letter

Hi,

I have been working with a private IT company from past 2 months. They gave the appointment letter and after my signing of the document they took it back and did not give me a copy of the same. I asked the HR but they are making excuses and not giving the copy of the appointment letter.

So i do not have a any proof of the employment and they are also giving less salary as mentioned in the appointment letter.

Anything i can do regarding this? Please guide me for the same.

Thanks!

Gaurav

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 September 2013

Employer of the Company (Appointing Authority, MD, Promoters, Owners) himself or thru its competent and empowered personnel in say HR is duty bound to supply the appointment letter 1+1 copy. You were expected retain the original and return signed and accepted copy.

Employee while freshers are usually naïve. Even after experience should always consult elders in advance on each and everything till they are properly informed.

Now you may write to this man in HR (preferably by letter thru redg. post or at least from personal email id, and not from official email id and due to the reason that it is your personal matter ) narrating your representations (date wise) and ask to handover the original appointment letter at once within say next ……………2 working days……………..with a copy to Head-HR, Appointing Authority, MD………………..

The original appointment letter is your property forever and you don’t have to return it to anyone in company.

If this man in HR does not adhere to your representation escalate to Appointing Authority, MD……………………..and demand original appointment letter within say………3 days. Later  you may issue notice……………..which you can also send……………..or thru your lawyer.

You may mark a copy to Labor Inspector, Inspector under Shops and Commercial establishments Act of your state…………………President and Secretary of trade Union………………….and your lawyer.

You are with wrong employer.

Firm up your next venture as ap.

Are you being provided with salary/pay slip?

Demand the same, PF number, ESIC number/card….also.

Gaurav Arora (Self)     08 September 2013

Hi  Sir

Thanks for replying.

No i am not being given any Salary Slip. I and other colleagues have asked for it but they do not provide one. All of them Hr, CEO and other leaders are the same they do nothing regarding Salary or appointment letter.

What if i send the notice and they terminate me?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 September 2013

You are with wrong employer.

Firm up your next venture as ap.

Decline to accept your FNF statement and demand unpaid wages, pay slips ……..

You would need to lodge complaint within 1 year…………

If you are apprehensive of termination and do not want to loose this job then you may choose not to act all and accept this as your fate or find ways and means as deemed fit at your end.

Out of various options you may choose wisely the option that suits you and your colleagues the most.

Approach:

------ Trade Union Leaders……………………..e.g. CITU, INTUC, AITUC,………… and IT employees unions and check if they can do something for you, e.g: https://www.itecentre.co.in/

Contact Us

Please contact us on
mail id : contact@itecentre.co.in.
ph : 9620907912

Please Join ITEC group for discussion among IT-BPO employees. To join the group, please send a blank mail to itec_bangalore-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

https://ithiworld.wikispaces.com/News+Update

ITHI, a forum
of women employees in IT and ITeS

IT/BPO Voice of India | Facebook

UNITES Professionals

www.unitespro.org

https://www.wbitsa.org/

www.itpfindia.org/

---------Labor Inspector, Inspector under Shops and Commercial establishments Act of your state……………………………………..

The lawful authorities are duty bound to take suo mottu notice of violations……………….so they are expected to act on a phone call, email, fax, letter etc……….by employee or trade union………………………

While you approach them, you may point out that soon the affected employees are calling a press conference and shall make public the action taken by the lawful authorities.

This should move them.

The Inspectors can check all records of employees maintained by the companies, appointment letter, salary slips issued by then and signed by employees,………………………….

--------Your lawyer.

---------RPFC in local o/o PF Commissioner and they can depute PF Inspector…………………….

---------Media

---------Police for keeping your earned wages………………

----------------Influential  and reputed persons in the society........................

---------any one else that you may deem fit and suitable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register