LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sheela sahoo   10 November 2018

Private Corporate laptop damage issue

Hi, am a software employee,my last working day In my previous company was 4th sep,before leaving I have to submit all the assets and other formalities which I did but unfortunately the laptop given by company to me had a slight damage which was there when they handed the laptop to me on my joining day.now in my final settlement they are charging me 20k which is 5 times more than the amount to be charged.it is HP elite book laptop.but since it was not my mistake I don't want to pay and more over i missed to tell them in start when it was handled so nw I am ready to pay the right amount which as per the HP service center would me max 3.5k.but the IT manager is very rude and is not agreeing as he tells that the amount mentioned is suggested by HP service center.But I verified outside in one of the HP service center they told max 3500 would be charged not more than that as there was no internal damage only a small part of the laptop body at the side is broken. Can any lawyer help me in this to understand what next steps I can take legally if they don't agree with me . I don't want to pay 20k to them as it's completely wrong to charge 5 times more than what the repair will cost. Looking to hear from you people.

Learning

6 Replies

Sheela sahoo   10 November 2018

Request to please help me as I can't afford to pay so high amount without any mistake .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 November 2018

Originally posted by : Sheela sahoo
Hi, am a software employee,my last working day In my previous company was 4th sep,before leaving I have to submit all the assets and other formalities which I did but unfortunately the laptop given by company to me had a slight damage which was there when they handed the laptop to me on my joining day.now in my final settlement they are charging me 20k which is 5 times more than the amount to be charged.it is HP elite book laptop.but since it was not my mistake I don't want to pay and more over i missed to tell them in start when it was handled so nw I am ready to pay the right amount which as per the HP service center would me max 3.5k.but the IT manager is very rude and is not agreeing as he tells that the amount mentioned is suggested by HP service center.But I verified outside in one of the HP service center they told max 3500 would be charged not more than that as there was no internal damage only a small part of the laptop body at the side is broken.

Can any lawyer help me in this to understand what next steps I can take legally if they don't agree with me .
I don't want to pay 20k to them as it's completely wrong to charge 5 times more than what the repair will cost.

Looking to hear from you people.

Has any FnF staement been supplied to you?

Have you accepted IT?

Have you asked gently to supply you the quotation by reparing firm?

Remain gentle and amiable.

Apply your skills to resolve the matter amicably.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 November 2018

Avoid repeating such mistakes.

If you are unable to resolve on your own, A lawyer can certainly help you.....The higher officials in establishment, employee's trade union leaders can also help you.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 November 2018

If possible, get the same repaired at your cost and hand over the laptop to the employer.

The second option is employer can only demand that costs as shown in books/accounts and not more than that.

The depreciation for any laptop is 100% and most probably it is showing NIL value in accounts.

Please go through employment terms and conditions and what was stated as reimbursement.

You can also take a quotation towards the cost of such repair some HP Company, obtain a demand draft in the name of your company and handover the estimate, the demand draft and return the laptop.

Litigation on minor matters disturbs the peace of mind, brings in new complications and sheer wastage of time and money.  The decision is yours.

Sheela sahoo   14 November 2018

I have received the F&F settlement statement but not accepted it,once i accept then only the amount would be deposited to my account.

I have been very gentle but i donot get any reply from the IT nmanager and HR.

Can you please help me what steps can i take further if they donot agree.

Sheela sahoo   14 November 2018

How can i take legal actions as they donot reply to my mails and certainly i keep waiting n calling them but there is no proper response.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register