LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HARISH   18 February 2018

Power of attorney to sell land

DEAR SIR I WANT TO SELL MY AGRICULTURAL LAND CATEGORISED BY THE GOVT AS RESIDENTIAL CLASS 1 TYPE 1 IN TAMILNADU .THE BUYER WANTS TO FORM LAYOUT IN IT AND TAKE POWER OF ATTORNEY FROM ME TO SELL IT. SHALL I GIVE POWER OF ATTORNEY OR SHALL I REGISTER THE PROPERY ON HIS NAME? I HANE MADE SALE AGREEMENT TO REGISTER AS LAND ON HIS NAME

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     19 February 2018

You are dealing with immovable property.

What prevents you from consulting a lawyer in your area?  

You will be advised to get in touch with a lawyer in your area, show the documents, discuss the matter and then take steps.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     19 February 2018

You've 2 optionsbefore you as said either register the propertyin the name of buyer to sell or appointing a Registered POA through registerednotary.both are equally valid.If the transaction is genuine and it is registered you can adopt either of the two options.DSince you''ve chosen 1st option it is legally valid and binding as in the 2nd option.

4 years ago Suneet Gupta www.vashiadvocates.com Things to keep in mind Power of Attorney in favour of the POA should be registered The POA should clearly mention that the POA has the right to dispose of the property in question The payment for the property should preferably be made in the name of the original owners  If payment is made in name of the POA then the POA should clearly mention that the POA has the right to collect monies on behalf of the original owners Take care of TDS issues (newly introduced in the current Financial Year) when paying for a property The PAN Card should be of the original owners and TDS should be deposited in their name

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Buy-a-property-from-gpa-holder-84944.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register