Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Postal communication: responsibility of sender?

I received a letter on 10/07/13 by ordinary post from a government department asking me to appear a board on 09/07/13. The postal seal clearly shows that it was delivered to me only on 10/07/13.

The department is not ready to constitute the board again and is blaming the postal service for late delivery.

a) So, in this situation, isn't it the responsibility of the sender to ensure the prompt delivery? 

b) If its the delay from postal service, isn't it the sender to enquire and file complaint against them?

c) in simple logic, Is sender legally responsible to ensure the prompt delivery of such letters to the receipients? Is it legally mandatory using registered postal service in such situations?

d) Can I take any legal action against the department not constituting the board again showing non appearance as my fault?

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     14 July 2013

You cannot file any case agianst borad but can put a request to consider you for board.  As far as the postal dept is concerned you can file consumer case against it, you may get some damges thats all, nothing more you can do.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register