LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Post 498A

I was charged in 498A case and not I and my family members are on bail. The chargesheet has not been filed and have never been contacted by the IO for any clarifications though I visited thrice the police station and met the IO for any investigation that he may need to do from us.

I am not afraid of the court proceeedings that would start once the case lists up after chargesheet but am not clear what is the clear objective of the opposite party that they want to achieve as its not yet one year of marriage so no divorce case is filed or can be filed before Dec-10. There being no communication channels open so I dont know what they are looking for from me.

I want to know how these cases are settled what would the other party would be thinking off as the bail has happened so no easy money stage for them what further they would be hoping to achieve from this case as they have not come up with their demands directly or indirectly.

Will the IO do any investigation from us as well. The case is stayed and is with Mediation centre.

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 August 2010

Wife might have thing to compromise.  She may demand money from you..  She may also expecting divorce notice from you.  It is not easy to say what is in her mind.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     30 August 2010

Dear Rajeev, how can you expect to read a devil's mind.

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     01 September 2010

Mr. Assumi is in the habit of verbally abusing women, it is not the first post that he has done it.

@ Mr. Assumi

Aren't you professionally trained to remain a little restrained and check what type of language you are using?

1 Like

(Guest)

Mithilesh,

I agree with Adv Rajeev. This has become a common practise now. Wife files a 498A case and look for hefty amount to get the 498A quashed. She also knows that whatever false allegations written in complaint and FIR is very difficult to prove, so this is a nice way out. I am also suffering form the same issue. Chargesheet is NOT filed in 498A even after 1 year of filing of FIR. This is known as legal terrorism, which more and more wives are adapting, to make big money in short time.

GOD BLESS INDIA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register