LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit (Owner)     11 November 2012

Possession delayed for 5 years & co. deny to pay any penalty

I had booked a flat with nitishree shourya greens (p) ltd in jalandhar in dec 2006. Co. issue me a allotment letter in jan 2007 and commited to give possession in dec 2008. However co. never provide me any document stating such commitment. But the co. havnt yet give me possession till date. When I asked for penalty for late possession they deny their liabilty from such liability. They said that I havnt yet enter into any agreement with the co. In the allotment letter it was written that I was requiref to enter into angreement with co when I was called to do so. Co. never called me till date to enter into such agreement . However in 2009 they told me oraly that they will pay me a penalty for late possession @ Rs. 5 per sqft from jan2009 to date of possession. Now co. deny from such liability. I paid all the installment that they demanded from me till today. There is still no sign of giving possession in coming days. I dont know what to do now... Anybody plz help me... Its urgent.... Thanx

Learning

1 Replies

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     12 November 2012

If you have only an allotment letter and you have been paying the money demanded then you have been fooled by the builder.

You should pay only a token amount and then execute a stamped agreement and register the same before making any more payments to the builder.

Now you can recover your money by legal methods but the builder may or may not give you possession. In fact the builder may not even have constructed the building.

S Jadhav

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register