Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishnu (Sr. Software Engineer)     23 April 2010

Police verification after issuance of passport

Hi,

We have applied for a miscellaneous service of Spouse name inclusion in my wife's passport. Received a new booklet along with the old passport with in 1 month. Now, 3 days back policeman came for verification. During that time we(my self and my wife) were not there at residence.  My aunty was there. Policeman himself concluded that, we are not residing over there and left. He said that, he is going to send the report back.

My question is, what are the consequences if he reports the same back to passport office? Is there any way, I can catch him before he reports back? Can someone please help me in this regard.

Thanks for your help
Vishnu

Learning

3 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     23 April 2010

Looks like your aunty failed to respond properly to the policeman. Visit the local PS and ask them so that you can know the whereabouts, call him and convince him to re visit your place.

Vishnu (Sr. Software Engineer)     25 April 2010

Vishal,

Thanks for your propmt reply. I have contacted the policeman through mobile. By the time, he already sent the report back to passport office. How can I resolve this issue now? Can you please suggest.

Thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                  Vishnu

A V Vishal (Advocate)     25 April 2010

Contact the PRO at the Passport Office immediately as your wife's passport is likely to be revoked since the Verification report is negative, explain him the circumstances and file fresh PP verification forms. You may be levied a penalty.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register