Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

INDIAN CITIZEN (Research Scholar)     10 April 2013

Police officer gave threat for false dowry and 498-a case

Dear All

My one friend recently reported me that  the husband of  elder sister of his wife (sadu) threaten him in clear words that he can trap him in false case of dowry  and 498-a.

My friend is having some marital conflict with his wife.  One of cause of this marital conflict is the undue interfere of that SADU.  As my friend told that this verbal threat was given in very serious mood  and not in any jockular mood.

His SADU is holding a position of Incharge of Police station ( SHO : senior House Officer).  As we know that in our society, there is still some terror of Police. People still think that  a police office can misuse of his power very easily.

My friend is very afraid of  verbal threat of his sadu. He doesn't know, as what to do?

In this case, two things emerged:

A case of false dowry prohibition case/ 498-A case and secondely  misuse of power by a police officer.

All respected members are requested to their valuable suggestions in this regards

Thanks and regards

Rajeev

Learning

6 Replies

arvind singh mann (advocate)     10 April 2013

police do not have any right to threat as told, the matter can be reported to his senior officers,also the victim can personaly hold the police officer to proceed against him in the court of law

Arbind ji

Namaskar, thank you for your prompt reply.  Can you please qoute some legislation/acts under which a police officer is prohibited to do so.

Secondely , in absence of any evidence ( mere verbal threat), in what way we could proceed to his senior officer?

In our middle socio-economic strata, still there is terror of police, not of his power , but of his  abuse of power.

Thanks and regards

Rajeev

arvind singh mann (advocate)     10 April 2013

dear police is to protect the law ,they are public servants to maintain law & order like other indivisuals they to have to obey the law of the land,your verbal statement  given in writing is enough to proceed against  him, inspite of the terror of police your legal &constitutional rights always prevails,its is true that it is abouse of the power,take a initiative to proceed against him, i am confident that you will get the results, meet the seniorofficer personally along with your written complaint, 

BASANT KUMAR VASHIST (Advocate)     10 April 2013

dear, if someone give you threat than it possible recording vice/ vidography.

atpresent you should call by your  mobile & recording call, than say " sir why are u want to me invole me to a flace case . sir i am innocent  person & i belive in law & order than it is soure the police officer say something but u use only politily language than,  your verbal statement  given in writing is enough to proceed against hire authority police officer, i am confident that you will get the results, meet the seniorofficer personally along with your written complaint, 

Arbind Ji

I will follow your advice. Thanks for your valuable information. I also believe that in IPC and CrPC, there would be varous clause to protect the citizen from abuse of police.

Regards

Basant ji

Really now days, so many technologies are available, it can be used . Next time , I will take care, and never disclose that I have evidence, untill and unless, it is highly required. Because , when, some one got to know that, I am recording his voice, he/she will be alert.

regards

Rajeev

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register