Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NGOKC (pm)     11 March 2013

Police jurisdiction outside home state

Facts of Case

My wife works in National Capital Region .

I live in Delhi ..

She deserted me  three and a half years ago Dec 2009

My wife filed a false complaint in Chandigarh CAW Women cell in Nov 2012.

I started receiving calls from Investigating officer to attend sometimes threatening that I will be arrested if I do not join investigation.

I requested for a written notice in order to join investigation along with a copy of complaint .

When same was not provided to me , I wrote a complaint to SSP Chandigarh via Public window e-mail , requesting the same.

On 26 Jan 2013  a Chandigarh  police representative straight away came to my house . He was not accompanied by any member of Delhi Local police Thana .

He told us the IO has been changed due to public window complaint but no confirmation or reply to same was provided

He made us sign on a notice but did not give us a copy of same .

I took a photograph of notice  and also recorded entire conversation that took place.

I have since secured AB from Chandigarh Sessions Court and joined investigation

I have reasonable reasons to believe that CAW cell is colluding with my wife to illegally position a false case.

My question:

What are rules pertaining to Chandigarh police investigating in Delhi ?

Can I take action against Chandigarh police for voilating law by not taking Delhi Police along and not informing them  ?

Till date SSP chandigarh Cell that manages public window has not officially replied to my e-mail although they canged IO. Can I complain against this gross voilation despite the fact that SSP chandigarh Cell was officially informed?

Please point to any judgements,etc. regarding the same

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register