Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

balaji (head)     25 February 2013

Poa and sale agreement

Dear Sir/Madam,

I had bought a property in 2007, for which I had registered a sale agreement for 34 months and also registered a gen POA from the seller. The agreement was for 4 lac rs for which I had paid 3 lacs during sale agreement and got them registered. After a couple of months from the registration I paid the balance Rs.1 lac and took an acknowledgement for the same in a 20rs stamp paper(unregistered) but did not register as I had the POA. And my intention was to resell the property.

Now the sale agreement tenure has lapsed and the seller is demanding more money as the property value has increased now.

This property was actually bought by the seller's father and the seller got this as a partition settlement. When I registered the sale agreement the seller's legal heirs where all majors.

My question is do the legal heirs of the seller can demand share in the property as it is their grand father's property and can I register the property in my wife's name as my poa is still active.

Pls advice

Regards,

Balaji

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     26 February 2013

as the proeprty is the ancestral property, all the legal heirs are having equal rights over the property.  Hence the seller may sale property for his share only and if it exceeds the other heirs may raise objections.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register