LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinodhini (SSE)     01 October 2010

Please help me regarding my divorce case

My husband has filed a divorce case against me stating that am insane.He is supporting it by showing SMS which i have sent scolding him.I went to his office few months back and got into a quarrel in the nearby juice shop.He is exaggerating that by saying that I have beaten him in the quarrel.Please help me on how to contest it.Will divorce be granted taking these two incidents into consideration?.Am totally confused on how to proceed with this.Is there any chance of winning even if i contest.

Learning

10 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     01 October 2010

Dear Vinodhini,

PLEASE BE REST ASSURED that on the basis of the one or two quarrels that you mentioned, you cannot be declared insane. Even the SMSs sent by you to your husband would not be enough to say that you are insane. No divorce would be granted by any Court merely on the basis of such wild allegations. 

Having said this, and when you are so worried about your future, my sincere brotherly advice (though not asked for from me) would be to maintain cordiality in relations to the maximum extent possible.  The way in which you are fearing about divorce suggests that all is not well between you and your husband.  After all, life is give and take between two good souls. I am not holding any brief for your husband.  And however big the disagreement may be spilling it near the juice shop etc., would not behove of educated people.

If you have any problem, better consult your elders, do not take matters to the extreme, have the tendency to forgive and forget.

WISHING YOU TENSION / CONFUSION FREE LIFE AHEAD.  MAY GOD HELP YOU.

1 Like

shamataneja (Advocate)     01 October 2010

Dear Vinodhini,

How can u say strongly that ur husband is filing divorce case aagainst u on the ground that u r insane. U know very  well that where u are as of today. U you know how to behave in situations which come across u like a normal human being would do. Find out where things are going wrong. Talk to him. Try to come to some solutions. Do not caste aspersions. Apply your mind

Vinodhini (SSE)     01 October 2010

Thank you some much for helping me .I will definitely take it in the right spirit.Once again thanks a lot

Self service (None)     01 October 2010

Vinodhini, You are not insane but he can proof unsound condition of mind and if he can prove insult in public (juice shop) then no reason he would not get divorce.

One simple thing divorce happens when one party refused to respect other and rest later is formality.

You already passed one stage  and after that you want to contest... what you will get by contest? if he dont want to live with you? Do you think you can do any thing and husband will keep on tolerating?

drparasjain (practice)     02 October 2010

Sane quarrel , insane do not!

opportunity of being heard / rejoinde/ written reply are meant to be the forms for setting the story in right perspective.

Why and what are you afraid of unless of course you are really unkind to husband and take fighte on and off( pardon me i have seen quite a few cases) . Please do not mind but come clean.

You tell me (Personal)     02 October 2010

Hi,

It looks like you still want to live with your husband from your words. Talk to him calmly and maintain peace, involve elders this should solve all matters and request him to withdraw case. Tell him how much you want to stay with him and spend whole life time.

Don't worry about divorce case, put your efforts sincerly. If court thinks that its simple fights between you not damaging anything and feels releationship can continue, judge will not grant it. Be cool.

(Guest)

go for reconciliation , dont threaten or file false cases on being provoked.

2 Like

(Guest)

Vinodhini

On the basis of the one or two quarrels that you mentioned, you cannot be declared insane. Don't worry about divorce case, put your efforts sincerly. If court thinks that its simple fights between you not damaging anything and feels releationship can continue, judge will not grant it.

And follow the advise by dear Dabangg Lady (go for reconciliation , dont threaten or file false cases on being provoked.)

TUSHAR SUMAN THAKER (ADVOCATE)     14 October 2010

Dear Vinodhini.

Normally Divorce would not be granted on the basis of just the two incidents stated by you. However it seems unlikely that anyone would file for Divorce on the basis of just the two incidents as stated by you. You have stated that your husband has already filed for Divorce. Therefore the best course of action would be for you to show the petition of Divorce served upon you to a competent advocate and take proper legal advise rather than speculate on the outcome of the case filed by your husband on the basis of your understanding of the petition.

tsthaker@rediffmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register