LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Please help. false complaint about cyber crime

My Company which I have left 4 years ago has lodged a false complaint (No FIR No GD) against me in police station stating that I have hiked it's email ID & causes a business loss. Though I didn't even I have tried to give business to them after I have left for which I have sufficient proof. 

Police has called me for questioning and after discussing with me they let me go. After that I don't know what has happened and what will be the process from police side.

Do I have right to file defamation case against them as due to our legal lengthy process & don't have enough money and time, I will not be able to fight it very long.

Kindly suggest.

Learning

3 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     30 May 2013

if your stand is genuine and nothing done wrong , then you approach a local lawyer and file a defamaton against the compnay

(Guest)

@Querist,

1.It seems from your version of query that no FIR has been lodged.Therefore,don't worry unless you are sure an FIR in connection has been regitered.

2.you may go for defamation under Criminal laws.But you have to sustain for a long period becauses cases may drag from months to 1 year.

3.You can also demand compensation under law of Tort.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     30 May 2013

Agreed, Nothing more to be added.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register