LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (Engineer)     16 July 2015

Planning to surrender in court, arrest warrent already issue

Dear Sirs, My AB was dismissed by HC Chandigarh in last week of May 2015 in 498a/406. Investigation officer get issued arrest warrent in mid on June 2015. I am surrendering on next week in court. Will there be adverse impact on the length of custody due to arrest warrent already issued and I didn't surrendar. Please suggest any argument my lawyer can give to minimize the impact. Kindly suggest what precautions I can take before surrendar in court.

Learning

3 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     16 July 2015

Instead of complicating the issues surrender immediately and apply for a regular bail in the HC.U R lawyer should be wise enough to act at the time of surrendering U before gthe court.

Amit (Engineer)     16 July 2015

Adding one more query here:

In the morning my lawyer will put application in court that I am surrendering and will produce me in court in the evening when hearing of application will be scheduled. In hearing IO will be called by magistrate. My question is since IO already know about my surrender, is there any possibility that he may arrest me outside the court before surrender? If yes, please suggest what precaution I may take to avoid such arrest.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     16 July 2015

Why should U intimate the IO about UR surrender,U R lawyer can directly produce U before the judge,who will initially order remand.But simultenaously UR lawyer will submit a bail application which will be heard in the post lunch session.Till the bail appl is disposed off U will remain in the court only.This is the procedure.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register