LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Placement for females only

Today, I saw a posting by some law firm in a social networking site inviting applications from "FEMALE" freshers and students to join the law firm. I hope I am not the only one disturbed by this blatant reverse gender discrimination. All this under the name of empowering the women.

Most of the female employees that I have seen getting hired are the good looking ones which are eye candy. I am sorry to use such words but in the 3 years that I have been in the college, there hasnt been any incident to change this observation.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

One cannot comment on the discretion of the employer. 

Guest (n/a)     16 June 2008

Seeking a job as afresh law graduate passed out from a reputed law college of Mumbai. (Government Law College) with a first class.

Santosh Kumar Dhondekar (LEGAL OFFICER )     16 June 2008

Should not comment on such things coz its under sole discretion of the Employer. But at the same time, don't loose confidence and just wait until your turn comes.

Arthi Bhuvarahan (Lawyer)     17 June 2008

Hi, You seem to have been highly offended because of such offer for women. Let me ask you one question; haven't you come across advertisement where the employer only seeks male graduates? If not i request you check the newspapers and the job portals regularly. You can come across a few atleast.

This is the first time the employers have seeked only for female Law Graduate. There are plenty of occassions where the employer ask for a Female candidate but the job nature would be something like the front office personnel or sales. This requires a pleasing personality which i believe you would not disagree, women are more pleasing.

I do not see any reason for you to get offended and write something ill about women. They way you have written gives a messgae that women have no brains. I think you are totally jealous of all good looking women who have brains as well and are able to establish a good carrier for themselves. Before writng something of this sort in a public forum understand that like men women also use their brains and hard work to come up in the carrier rather than using their beauty.

One last suggestion to you is please stop writing something like this instead think how you can win admist this competition.

Guest (n/a)     17 June 2008

Needless to say. this reply can come only from a woman.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register