Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

minsal (Jr. Advocate)     09 August 2012

Pl. give your esteem opinion

Hi

I am a Jr. Lawyer. I just want to know that can't we (As an individual person) file a PIL to stop the CTIVITIES OF Commodity Exchange? It is my personal opinion that because of trading in comodity exchange, the price of food grain, fruits, vegetables etc. become higher. Can't we stop these unjust activities?

Plz. post your valuable suggestions.

Learning

2 Replies

b man (Namaste)     12 August 2012

Dear Adv. Minsal,

Anyone can file a PIL. It is up to the Hon. Judge to accept or reject the PIL.

The Judge may reject an PIL if he feels that it is frivolous. You might even be fined for wasting the courts time. Many PILs are filed by people who are just looking for publicity; therefore at times the petitioners are fined

Even if your PIL is genuine, the Judge will probably direct you to approach the concern department with your grievances. If your grievances are not addressed or if you are not satisfied with the response only then the court will consider your plea.

I do agree with you that trading in commodities in leading to price escalation. Only genuine importers & exporters should be allowed to hedge their commodities that too only for the exact quantity imported or exported.

Warm Regards,  

surjit singh (Assistant)     13 August 2012

B man is right, but first  since you are a junior advocate I advice you go for lot of home work before approaching the court for a PIL, otherwise if you are not in a position to establsh your case strongly on the first hearing I am afraid the court can pass cost upon the petitoner. In a PIL the basic thing is go when you have all the documentary ammuition. Use RTI to all extent to explore and excavate  the information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register