LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   23 October 2018

Pil in hon'ble supreme court

My lawyer is claimed to have filed a PIL in the Hon’ble Supreme Court on high level corruption issue in Central Public Sector Undertaking. He claims that notice is yet to be issued to opposite parties concerned as there is long queue in the Hon’ble Court. He has informed me that there is series of procedures to be completed and examination of petition to be done before issuance of notice. He has also taken some money from me towards court fees and towards expenses for dispatch of notice by the court. All these going on for more than last 5 months. Kindly advise me on correct position and procedure on filing of PIL in Supreme Court. My lawyer is claimed to have filed a PIL in the Hon’ble Supreme Court regarding high level corruption, resulting in estimated Rs. 30 Crores Loss/Bribery, in a Central Public Sector Undertaking . He claims that notice is yet to be issued to opposite parties concerned as there is long queue in the Hon’ble Court. He has informed me that there is series of procedures to be completed and examination of petition to be done before issuance of notice. He has also taken some money from me towards court fees and towards expenses for dispatch of notice by the court. All these going on for more than last 5 months. Kindly advise me on correct position and procedure on filing of PIL in Supreme Court.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     23 October 2018

Contact registrar of apex court.

Siddharth Jain   23 October 2018

issuance of notice does not take that long in Supreme Court

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 October 2018

• STEP-I of how to file a PIL in Supreme Court of India is to check about the subject on which one is thinking to file the PIL and read all the details of the provisions of the law and the violations of the law if any being done by the State or any statutory body. PIL can only be filed against any existing legal right or violation of the legal right by the Government.
  • STEP-II of how to file a PIL in Supreme Court of India is to make a detailed representation regarding the violations being made by the department concerned or the concerned authorities to take the remedial steps in this regard. If possible a reminder to the same may also be given.
  • STEP-III of how to file a PIL in Supreme Court of India is to check any arbitrary law, irregularity in the enforcement of law and the class of people being affected by such law or the inactivity of the department concerned.
  • STEP-IV of how to file a PIL in Supreme Court of India is to collect all the relevant material, press reportings, documents etc in this regard and arrange them chronologically.
  • STEP-V of how to file a PIL in Supreme Court of India is to draft a Writ petition under Article 32 of the Constitution of India citing the violations of the law, inactivity of the state and all other grounds. . It is important to take the assistance or services of a trained legal hand for the purpose.
  • STEP-VI of how to file a PIL in Supreme Court of India is to prepare and file the PIL in Supreme Court of India before the Registry of the Supreme Court of India and get the matter listed before the court after due scrutiny. The matter is thereafter listed before the Court of hearing and orders accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register