LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

YJ (NONE)     20 December 2019

Pf issues - pf and salary of dec 17 credited in april 2019

Hello, I need suggestion on following issue: I resigned in Dec17 with request of early release and adjustment of notice period in liue of salary. My Manager released me on 22 Dec. as rest of month was mostly holiday period. Later HR refused to give salary and service letter. After chasing a year, and escalation to senior managment in US I got salary and PF in April 2019. 

I received salary slip of Dec 17 in April 2019 as regular salary and PF as regular credit. Now when I requested PF transfer, EPDO rejected asking for reason of contribution after exit date that is 22 dec 2017. In short, company instead of arears tried to project as regular payment on payrole after a year when I was working for another company. Also, even notice period is deducted from salary but no service letter issued.

Please let me know what I can do with PF transfer as I understand company wants to avoid interest and penalty from EPFO.

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 December 2019

You can write to authorities of PF explaining the facts with that data of your actual relieving at the past employer, reporting date at the present organization etc.,  Also issue a notice to your past employer and enclose the copy of the PF letter and demand for a written clarification for providing it to PF.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2019

Originally posted by : YJ
Hello, I need suggestion on following issue: I resigned in Dec17 with request of early release and adjustment of notice period in liue of salary. My Manager released me on 22 Dec. as rest of month was mostly holiday period. Later HR refused to give salary and service letter. After chasing a year, and escalation to senior managment in US I got salary and PF in April 2019. 

I received salary slip of Dec 17 in April 2019 as regular salary and PF as regular credit. Now when I requested PF transfer, EPDO rejected asking for reason of contribution after exit date that is 22 dec 2017. In short, company instead of arears tried to project as regular payment on payrole after a year when I was working for another company. Also, even notice period is deducted from salary but no service letter issued.

Please let me know what I can do with PF transfer as I understand company wants to avoid interest and penalty from EPFO.

I understand company wants to avoid interest and penalty from EPFO.

If the wishes wre horses every begger would ride.

In case company has not deposited PF in time they have to pay penalty and the criminal liability is against the personnel manager in India (whose signature are there in EPFO)

You have to make a clear and written complaint to the RPFC seeking action under section 7(A) of PF Act.  You do not omit to mention that you need to be notified aboutthe date of eharing so that you can remain present.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register