Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anbu Fird   05 August 2018

Pervious employer not providing relieving letter

Hello,

I have worked in software company for 9 months and also I had signed a bond for 3 years , initial 4 months I have received my salary as mentioned in the offer letter. But after that employer started saying that company is in loss, so we can't pay full salary.

For next 5 months they given only half of the salary, which was not even sufficient for my expenses. Apart from my expenses I had to pay my home loan and education loan. Beacuse of this I ended up not paying loan for continuous 5 months, So I approached the HR and company COE to provide me full salary or relive me from company. But they said they
can't give full salary only to me and also they won't relive me as well. I was in a terrible situation, so I informed them and moved out of the company but they didn't provide me the relieving letter.

After 3 years I have approached them for relieving letter , even now they are refusing to give.

Please guide me and let me know whose mistake is this??

Learning

3 Replies

Siddharth Jain   05 August 2018

You do not have to worry as it is not your mistake. you can simply start by sending a legal demand notice to them to get asking them to repair your entire dues, within 15 days of the receipt of the legal notice along with your relieving letter.

If they fail to do so, you'll have to approach civil court where can file a suit for recovery and declaration against your employer.

you should also give written complaint to the assistant Labour Commissioner of the area concerned stating your grievances about the non payment of salaries.

For any other queries, feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

Anbu Fird   05 August 2018

@Siddharth Jain As I mentioned above , I have signed 3 years bond when I joined the company. will that make a impact??

Siddharth Jain   05 August 2018

no. it won't. it is not legally enforceable

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register