LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUDHIR GOUTTAMDAS AGRAWAL (proprietor)     30 November 2011

Personal loan - illegal acts by banks

I have unsecured personal loan outstanding which i am about to settle as per the discussions with the bank's official representatives. Bank is sending legal demand notice at my relatives place which was just mentioned as one of 2 references (not as guarantor) - how can take action against the bank for defamation / injunction against such notices being sent to my relatives who have no legal connection with my outstanding loan

Learning

14 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   30 November 2011

Lodge a diary to the Police Station send a Complaint to the Banking Ombudsman and also to the Chairman,Reserve Bank of India.If you have sufficient documents for loan then you can file a civil suit and also a criminal case aginst the Bank.

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     30 November 2011

or otherwise go and meet the Legal Deptt. of the Bank and try for an amicable settlement.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 November 2011

It is a case of blackmailing and extortion for that police complaint /FIR is the only option since the bank is adotpting illigal and unauthorised pressure tactics

a.manoharan (Advocate 94431 45884 advocatemanoharan@gmail.com)     01 December 2011

PLEASE VERIFY YOURSELF WHETHER YOUR RELATIVES GAVE ANY UNDERTAKING LETTER.   IF SO, U CAN NOT TAKE ANY ACTION AGAIST BANK.

RAJU O.F., (Advocate)     01 December 2011

If you are sure that your relatives did not sign any documents/ guarantee to your loan account, cause to issue a legal notice to the bank through a competent lawyer.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     02 December 2011

not recommended- Useless

RAKESH PIPRODIA (ADVOCATE)     06 December 2011

file a complaint in the consumer court for disturbance and mental agony. You will get immediete relief.

Surendra Gupta (Banker)     06 December 2011

I agree with Mr. Raju OF Advocate

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     07 December 2011

Dear Sudhir

Your relative have right to file a compalint againt bank, civil suit for dafemation, can file the compalint before Banking Ombudsmen.

feel free to call

Rudra Dev Bagchi (Advocate)     09 December 2011

Sir 

if it is a fact that you have defaulted in paying the legitimate dues of the bank, then I am afraid you do not have much do in this situation. However, your relative who has been issued the notice surely has legal recourse against the bank.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     09 December 2011

not recommended- Useless

Why did you gave names of yur relatives? who is responsible, bank or you. who instead of paying your dues, , and giving your relative's name for what ? sending them garland? or information that you are not repaying your loan ? 

Sudhir & All Experts: use your comon sense,

Despite that if you like to break your head, carry on! Let me know the outcome after  6 months, or a year, whether you acheived something OR  it is useless  

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     12 January 2012

relatives has legal has legal recourse against the bank.? or our R D BAGCHI , WHO REFERRED THEM TO BANK?? 

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     29 October 2013

U SAID "Bank is sending legal demand notice at my relatives place which was just mentioned as one of 2 references (not as guarantor)"

SO WHERE U STAND??

SO I ADVISED "
not recommended- Useless

IF ALL STATED ARE FACT- NO DEFAMATION

IF U REFERRED  BY YOURSELF: and Bank have no right to refer them, Q IS WHY U REFERRED REMEMBER: IT IS U  WHO REFERRED, SO U R RESPONSIBLE, NOT BANK.  

Your relative have right to file a compalint againt  YOU============= not bank,

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     17 January 2014

why Sudhir is keeping quite??? what  comments by other experts???

SHOW ME THE RESULT OF YOUR useful complaint???????????

don't misguide he querist...His time , money and efforts has value; don't ask him in useless  acts..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register