LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Godina Raja Sekhar (Development Officer)     28 June 2016

Pension from indian air force

Sir, I have served in Indian Air Force for 13 years and 11 months(336 days), after that I took discharge from IAF on getting selected for Civil Job in LIC OF INDIA through proper channel. I have been discharge order with the 02 years Reserve Liability.

When I have applied for the pension to IAF after seeing one judgement copy from AFT, chennai. But I got reply from IAF authorities, that I am not eligible for the pension. Please guide me in this regard, is there any provision in  my case to get the pension from the service or not.

Sir, Is there any chance of counting of service rendered with IAF for the pension purpose in LIC OF INDIA.

Thanking you in anticipation.

G Raja Sekhar

Learning

3 Replies

Angad Singh (Lawyer)     28 June 2016

The Airforce requires 15 years of service to qualify for pension. Please consult the following link https://pcdapension.nic.in/pbor/servicePension.htm

Godina Raja Sekhar (Development Officer)     28 June 2016

sir, those have served 13 years or more service, had some weightage for calculating service pension under some special grounds, which i am nit knowing. In this aspects, i am seeking the experts guidance. more over I have been in reserve liability for 2 years.

My second question is ------ is my service rendered in IAF is countable for pension benefits in LIC of INDIA.

Please guide me in this regard.

ramesh (Advocate/Council)     12 July 2016

Please see LIC recruitment rules, for post applied through proper channel.  If you had applied through proper channel, and recruited under accepttted service conditions in LIC, LIC is bound to include your past service for calculating pensionary benefit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register