LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     03 January 2014

Pendency in courts

I often hear about the huge backlog in courts in India. Lakhs of cases are said to be on trial and it takes decades to get a judgement.

So it surprises me no end that Courts in India have a summer vacation and a winter vacation !!!!!!!!!! Except schools, I dont know of any institution in India which have such vacations. This is all the more hard to digest because I know for sure that the Courts have better facilities in terms of fans and ACs than earlier.

I appeal to all the Ld Advocates and Judges active in this forum to think over the issue. Ending the vacations will add many man-hours in the system. 

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 January 2014

“When you like your work every day is a holiday.”  If everyone in the judiciary, including the judges, advocates and all the other office bearers take these words of Tyger to heart, then it will surely reduce the rate of pendency of cases. The litigants sometimes feel that no judge likes his or her job and is instead happy to enjoy their vacations while the layman waits, sometimes for over a decade. We don’t want the Hon’ble Justices to have no vacations. But perhaps a little less vacationing and a little more judging would help the cause of justice for all.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register