Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Binter Picha   01 September 2017

Pecuniary Jurisdiction of JMFC under NI Act.

What is the pecuniary jurisdiction of Judicial Magistrate First Class under Negotiable Instrument Act.

Learning

9 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     01 September 2017

It is governed by high court rules which decide the area and jurisdiction of a particular magistrate.

@ramesh, thanks sir. @sidharth, if there is no such notification by the High Court, whether by invoking section 142 and 143, the JMFC can have unfettered pecuniary jurisdiction.

@ramesh, thanks sir. @sidharth, if there is no such notification by the High Court, whether by invoking section 142 and 143, the JMFC can have unfettered pecuniary jurisdiction.

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     01 September 2017

In case of Sec. 138 of N.I.Act, there is no pecuniary jurisdiction. You can file complain under section Sec. 200 of Cr. P.C over any amount.

Jyotirmaya Prasad Behera

Advocate, Orissa High Court

@jyotirmaya, thanks. Is that you are advising me to file complaint under section 138 and 142 of NI Act read with section 200 of Crpc. What if I simply invoke section 138 and 142 and leave section 200 Crpc.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     01 September 2017

Yes mention complaint u/ sec 138 & 142 N. I.Act .pecuniary jurisdiction of JMFC in N.I.Act cases are up to unfettered amount.

Binter Picha   02 September 2017

@goyal - thanks man.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register