Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yuvi   06 July 2017

Patta number mismatch

Hello,

I am about to purchase a site(empty plot) and when i enquired the details i found following conflicts. Could you please clarify.

Issue:

I am about to purchase a site in a layout. This layout has almost 60 sites. This layout was bought as an agricultural land in Jan 2016 and later divided into several sites. I know the survey number of the layout.

When I checked Encumberance certificate against the survey no from portal of tamilnadu revenue dept (tnreginet), it says this layout currently has 2 owners(X & Y) with patta no as ZZ. I can also see already lot of sites in the layout are registered as sold. I can see the entire history. The information i see here is exactly matching with the photocopy documents(Parent & POA) i was given against the site i am about to buy. So no issues until now.

But against the same Survey number, When I checked in tn eservices portal for the A-register & land ownership details I found,

- there are 3 owners listed, with 2owner names matching as per EC/POA/Parent docs but a new 3rd owner

- Patta number is different than what is available in EC & POA/parent documents.

I have following questions

- Are there any leagl issues exist ?

- Already loan was granted by different nationalized banks for other sites in the layout. Does it mean the land is safe? will banking authorities verify EC & A-register? If a loan is sactioned, does it mean the land is safe legally?

- Will the current laws/policies let me purchase this land? 

- Why there are two different information available in government portals?(EC & A-register)

- Can patta number vary for same survey no? and if so at what conditions & how?

- If i buy the land, should i need to get new patta no? new survey no?

- Is survey no/patta number applicable only for layout? or can also exist for all individual sites of the layout?

- Even if all sites in the layout are sold, will the owners against the survey number still be the same forever? i.e, old names X&Y

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register