Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sri (Novice)     27 January 2014

Passport renewal, no case pending, but once charged

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is with reference to ‘Other Details’ section in the passport application form.

The question is Have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings or any arrest warrant/summon pending before a court of India?

1) Is this above question to be answered as ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ if there is no case or charges pending before a court, but the applicant was once faced 498a trial and the case was disposed as acquittal.

I require passport through 'Tatkal' mode. If I click 'yes' for that question, it is saying apply through normal mode.

Is that question in the passport application is related to even cases closed earlier?

Thank you for your response.

Learning

6 Replies

Sri (Novice)     27 January 2014

Is that question related to disclosing any information about any criminal antecedents and/or criminal case resulting into acquittal?

I am not afraid of giving details about the case. But once i give details, it is asking to apply through 'Normal mode'.

That means once you got involved in a case in your lifetime and even if that case is acquittal, one can not apply passport through 'Tatkal Scheme'.?

Avadhesh Paliwal (advocate)     30 January 2014

dear sri

you dont required to detail about 498 because it is not pending

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     31 January 2014

only pending cases or panalised cases are wanted for the purpose.

Sri (Novice)     04 February 2014

Avadesh & Syed Sirs,

Thanks a lot. LCI is very helpful. I have sent these questions to Regional Passport Officer (Pune & Hyd) also, but they have not replied.

Finally, I going to say 'No' to the following question in the passport application:

""Have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings or any arrest warrant/summon pending before a court of India?"" No

All these days I understood that question as two parts (i) have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings? (to me for this is 'Yes' because I was once charged) (ii) any arrest warrant/summons pending before a court of India? ( 'No' because there are no cases/summons pending against me)

Thank you for your reply.

Dhiraj kumar (Associate)     23 October 2014

Hi Sri, Thanks for starting this thread. I also have a similar case which was disposed as acquittal few months ago and i need to fill the passpost form. Could you plz tell me how your passport application went ahead with answering NO to question underlined above.

amit jain (0)     12 December 2014

Sir

One of my friend is on bail against a FIR u/s 353,186,334/32 and charge sheet has not yet filed.  He was arrested for 5 days and later released on clear bail. Now he want to renew his passport from abroad thru Indian mission. Do he need to declare something in clause 21 of passport form. The question is "are there any criminal proceedings pending against applicant in any court of India? if So , please give details."

Please confirm.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register