Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Richard D'souza (Quality Analyst)     11 August 2012

Passport issue - please help

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting here. I have a very unique issue and no one has been able to help me so far. I sincerely hope any of you could help me.

My name is Richard D'souza. I was born in Kuwait on 10 June 1986. I came to India in Jan 1987 on my own passport (I was not endorsed on my Dad's passport, I had a seperate one). I have been in India ever since.

The passport that I came to India on was lost some time in 1997-98 during house shifting. Now I'm unable to make a new passport. The Public relations office at the PP office told me that they need proof of how I came to India. They want the passport number atleast.

I tried contacting the Indian embassy in Kuwait but go to response. I even asked one of my friends to go to Kuwait. They told him all the documents were destroyed in the gulf war.

I this situation I'm unable to make a passport.The Public relations officer says a police complain and a lost passport affidavit is not enough as i was born outside India.

My dad and mom are both Indian Citizens born and brought up in India so I'm assuming I'm an Indian Citizen by descent.

If anyone can help me or offer some advise I would be ever obliged. If you need any details please send me a private message.

Learning

2 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     11 August 2012

dear querist,

its a big mistake on behalf of your parents that you are still not applied for the indian citizenship as generally indian citizen is gained by birth but you was not born in india so you were deprived from it but you can apply for this thru your parents status and your time duration as you spent in india from year 87.although you have lost that passport you made during your time of visit to india from kuwait ,you have to follow follwing things now-

you have to file a suit in the juridicature court to pass orders in your behalf to instruct the passport authority to issue the same and instruct the external affair ministry to find the records of passport from kuwait ,if the records are distroyed they will issue the somehow most expected record of yours by verification of the detail you will provite them of yours in kuwait.

submit an affadavit stating the lost of your passport beliefing best information of your that time age ,address and present address including the status of your stay that you are staying in such and such place from last ---- years.after that you have to wait only once you get orders passed from court.feel free to call

1 Like

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     11 August 2012

as regards the loss of your kuwait pp in india, the complaint to the police is adequate. your have not informed about the status of your parents now. where are they. can someone in kuwait go to indian embassy and get a certificate that all the records of the embassy were destroyed during the gulf war or a letter from there to this effect. thereafter you should apply for indian citizenship. after that is granted, then apply for the passport in india.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register