Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pramod Uchitkar (TC)     20 March 2012

Passport held by recruitment agency

Dear Sir,
      I was finalised to work in Kuwait in a good company and company also selected me, in April-2011. Employer issued Visa, but due personel problem I cancel my plan and refused for employment that's why I did not complete police verification. but the passport is with recruitment agent and he is giving me it for police verification after deposit of Rs. 20,000/-

When I refused to join the company, he is denied to return passport. But after some month he is agree to return passport against Rs. 10,000/-  which is asking as processing fee. and he is mailed me for the same.

Could any one please confirm me it is geniune right of recruitment agency to charge this much of amount to return passport after rejection for an overseas employment.

I tried to register FIR against him but Police is not accepting my complaint.

How can I get my passport return, please help me.

Thanks & regards.

Pramod Uchitkar

Learning

5 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     20 March 2012

Police must register an FIR and retrieve the passport.  Send a written complaint to the Senior Police Inspector and the COmmissioner of Police. If there is no response, file a complaint through a lawyer in the court (private complaint) for lodging an FIR, against the police.

vasudevan

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2012

Regional Passport Officer may also be of help.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 March 2012

This is a case of extortion. File complaint to the magistrate if police did nto register FIR based on your written complaint .

By the way why/how passport left your hand and went to such person.

javed   14 February 2016

hi ,

I had given my passprt for visa stamp of Saudi Arab , but now agent demanding more money and threating not to give pass posrt back. whta i can do in this situation . 

regards 

Javed abbas

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 February 2016

@ Javed,

The posts in the thread already explain what can be done.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register