LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hitesh (software engg.)     17 January 2015

Passport and us visa after arya samaj marriage

I'm about to get married In Feb but recently my company told me that they want to send me US along with my would be wife. My would be wife doesn't have a passport and also not one year address proof of the place where she's staying. 

To get things done we did arya samaj marriage last week and got a marriage certificate from priest and marriage registrar on same day. now we are taking steps below.

1. I'll get her name endorsed in my passport. This should take a week's time

2. We'll apply for her passport with my address as her current address using my passport

3. then we'll apply for US visa after our social marriage but using our arya samaj marriage certificate only.

But we don't have any photographs of our arya samaj marriage. We'll apply for passport before our social marriage but for visa after our social marriage (so for visa we'll have marriage photographs).

Are photographs needed for passport application? 

Is there any chance of our US visa getting rejected because we did an arya samaj marriage? though we have certificate and we'll show photos for our original social marriage.

Learning

5 Replies

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     17 January 2015

Get your marriage registered under Hindu Marriage act, is very simple process.

Can you share procedure for marriage certificate for queriest.

Hi Mr. GOWDA, Can you share procedure for marriage certificate for queriest.

Ompal Aggarwal (Advocate)     22 February 2015

U done Arya Samaj Marriage and got marriage registered with the competent authority as SDM. Marriage certificate issued by the authority would serve your purpose. U need no photograph for getting USA Visa. What required Is marriage registration certificate issued by the compeyent authority, not by Arya Samaj Mandir

Ompal Aggarwal (Advocate)     22 February 2015

U done Arya Samaj Marriage and got marriage registered with the competent authority as SDM. Marriage certificate issued by the authority would serve your purpose. U need no photograph for getting USA Visa. What required Is marriage registration certificate issued by the compeyent authority, not by Arya Samaj Mandir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register