Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ye (Manager)     06 September 2010

Passport Renewal: IPC 279/337

Dear all,

I am new to this forum and and the same time, want your valuable clarification to a query reg: Renewal of passport.

I was charged with IPC 279/337 couple of months back and now the case got closed after I plead in front of court after paying fine. A case is going on for claim from the opposite party against insurance company and me which is not yet close.

Now, I want to renew my passport and there is a clause which says "Have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings or any arrest warrant/ summon pending before a court of India?" Yes/NO.

What should I say?? Yes/No...

Thanks in advance...!

Learning

4 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     06 September 2010

IF YOU  WERE ACQUITTED, NO NEED OF GIVING ANY INFORMATION. IPC 279/337 AND 338 ARE THE ROUTIEN SECTIONS BY P.S IN  ACCIDENT CASES, DAILY HAPPENS IN THE ROUTIEN LIFE OF A CITIES LIKE MUMBAI,DELHI,HYD,CUL,BANG, ....TO SMALLER TOWNS LIKE SURAT....GUNTUR....KANYAKUMARI.

FORGET IT, HANDOVER THE CASE TO A GOOD COUNSEL ....

1 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     07 September 2010

279/337 ipc are patty offences and without framing the charge in the court u can confess before the court .there is no need to show it.it's just like m.v.act.cases..

1 Like

Ye (Manager)     07 September 2010

Thank you Sir!

You mean to say that, no harm in saying "NO" under that clause in Passport application form???

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     07 September 2010

if the offence is against  the state, you are bound to disclose. if it is a serious offence under ipc i.e murder, suicide,rape,etc., court can grant a passport of one year validity as per urgency. or even more period by HC/SC if you appeal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register