party in person in mutudal divorce

Hello Expert,

AFter staying with for 2 weeks my wife filed Crpc 125 and DV on 2017.

After 1.5 years they contacted me and asked for a lumpsum to withdraw all false cases.

I agreed, and filed a mutual divorce petition..

Now my current lawyer is  asking more money to prepare one so clled affedevit in chief and finla date( exaclty double the amount which was agreed initiallly).

My question is can I appear in court in person (without lawyer) for the final hearing.? 

Please note the OP has their own lawyer and I dont want to use them...  Also as I am out of India it would be tough for me to get a new lawyer.




Yes you can appear on your own. Just if it is mutual divoprce then tell the court that a compromise deed to be allowed to be drafted and submitted mutally by parties. You must make a compromise deed and mention everythig in that; you payments,that your wife would never file any case or complaint after the divorce to harres you and that they will never try to contact you or disturb your family.

Just mutual divorce is based on what you mutually decide to do no need of lawyer. Just ensure you deposit the money in court 



Deposit in court shall mean that you should not pay to party directly and don't issue any cheques.Any payment already made shall be mentioned in the deed along with the detail of gifts,gold, cash,kind-Sitridhan etc 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x