LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Debjyoti (owner)     20 February 2014

Partition suit claiming sell

We have an ancestral property in Burdwan ,an small independent house on a land of 1170 sq ft(in total) this inclusive of common walls. The total valuation of the land+house is Rs 40/- lacs. We are 5 legal heirs , 3 of us are claiming to sell the house and take the proceeds but the rest two of us are claiming that either we three sell our shares to two of them at a much discounted market rate or to go for a partition suit. These two are claiming that if we go for a partition suit they will opt for a space of 487 sq.ft(in total)[The house has 3 rooms + 1 kitchen + 1 bathroom] for staying i.e. they will claim that they have no place to stay hence court shall never opt for selling and draw margins.Hence we three won't be able to sell our 683sqft as no body will buy such small amount (all buyers want to buy the whole plot which is as it is small) and hence shall have to sell it back to them for again a discounted price then(after 10 years of partition suit in district court).

I want to know whether these two of my relatives are claiming correctly and forcefully we three have to succumb to them without a partition suit as that is only waste of time for three of us.

Learning

1 Replies

shanmugam lakshmanan (senior)     21 February 2014

from what you stated it is understood that the property in question in indivisible. a joint property must be divisible and conveniently be enjoyable. Otherwise, any one of the co-owner or co-parcener as the case may be, may apply the court to sell the share of other co-owner or co-parcener . The Court will decide the market value. Delay in adjudication is unavoidable. If you want fruit you must wait till it ripes.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register