LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arbind Prasad   20 July 2016

Partition of ancestral property

I have an ancestral property in Monghyer district of Bihar. The property is in the name of my late grandfather. My grandfather was having four sons and none of them are alive. Except one aunt my mother and two other aunts are alive. We are nine cousins and except two rests are interested for partition by sale. Deeds and other related documents are in the possession of the two who are not interested in partition. They are not willing to provide the photocopy of these documents to us. One of them resides at the said property. Rests of us are in different cities. Please suggest me the procedure by which we reach to an amicable settlement. Can a Partition Suit be filed at Ranchi (Jharkhand)? Is there a way to avoid Partition Suit?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 July 2016

1) issue legal notice to your cousin for partition of the property . 

2) if he refuses file suit for partition of property by meets and bound 

3) you are entitled to sell your share even now but you would have to offer your cousin first right to purchase the property . 

4) best is to enter into deed of family settlement / parttition so that you dont have to go to court 

Arbind Prasad   20 July 2016

Can I file the suit for partition at Ranchi court? I would like to mention here that the property is at Monghyer,Bihar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register