LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (Engineer)     16 September 2010

Partition deed

I am planning to buy a site in a layout formed by land parcels from 5 different survey number after conversion.

The partition deed for my survey number has 10 pages out of which only 2 pages are resistered and rest are handwritten. Is this acceptable? Can I get the copy of the deed from sub registrars office if the builder is hiding something?

Learning

4 Replies

suresh (Advocate)     16 September 2010

Dear Mr.Pradeep

If the Partition Deed is registered  you can take certified copy of the same in the jurisdictional Sub-Registrar office and verify the same.

upon obtaining the certifiied Copy you can take the legal opinion and buy the plot.

Pradeep (Engineer)     16 September 2010

Thank you Suresh,

The partition deed is not entirely registered. 1st two pages are and the rest (Schedule A, B, C ... ) are handwritten through gram panchayat.

Is this legally valid?

ABHIJEET PARIKH (Bcom LLB MBA)     16 September 2010

as suggested by suresh u can get an Encumbrance certificate from registrars office wherein u can verify the stated schedules which are hand written

suresh (Advocate)     17 September 2010

Dear Mr.Pradeed.

On the basis of the registered partition deed the concerned jurisdiction authorities have entered the partition details in the mutuation register if not so then we have to see the document carefully.

upon perusing the document only we can opine the legality.

If the site in located in Bangalore, I can assist you this reard,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register