LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anjana (abc)     03 December 2014

Partition & separate possession

Good evening sir. I have just completed my law graduation. I have following query. Me and one known person have jointly purchased 2 acres of land with equal contribution without specifying share & exact portion through registered sale deed 2 yrs back. Land is mutated in the both of our names. The other joint purchaser played tricks with me and tried to convince me to sell land of my share to him by "Release of rights" and paid me money through bank transfer but later i came to know what he is offering is lesser. So i told him i will think, but then he asked me to pay the money back hence i paid it back the same way he paid me (Transfer through bank). Importantly there is no agreement to sell or any kind of written agreement between us. The current situation is i do not live at the place where property is situated but it is convenient for him to cultivate. He is cultivating the land but not given any income from land cultivation. Now i want to get my share separate from joint property. please suggest me legal remedy with minimum loss of time. I also want to know how he can react to this and how to face the things. Regards.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register