LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous User (employee)     13 January 2014

Parking issue in mumbai society

Ok.. So we knew there is going to be parking issues so we bought parking lot from builder for 1 lakhs rs for which i dont have any document the only thing I got is the allotment letter that is given to me by society.

Now my society is charging me for parking my vehicle and they dont allow me to keep my brother in law car at MY Parkng Place which i bought for 1lak. and they always  says AGM rules AGM rules. Now this AGM's are the members so didnt buy any parking place from builder acting smart and using harsh tones.

Now what to do ? I bought that parking lot to avoid such nuisance ,such charges ? . Now this people who didn't even pay for parking want to enjoy same facility ? now if such was the case i would have put that amount in fixed deposit and and paid them all the interest ?

Now problem is what can i do to avoid the parking charges ?

should i stop parking my brother-in-law car at my parking place?

should i file a case against builder asking my money back and enjoy the same facilities likes rest of the owner?

Learning

2 Replies

Anonymous User (employee)     13 January 2014

the allotment letter says Here we are allotting pne car parking space no-21 to XYZ. flat xyz. permanently. this will be used for car/bike only.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     14 January 2014

Are you in Maharashtra?  If you have purchased the parking lot but do not have any proof of the sale of the lot to you and the consideration paid by you, you can have no claim on the lot. As a part of the common areas of the Society, the lot belongs to the Society. Under the Model bye-laws in Maharashtra the Society can allot parking lots in certain parts of the common areas on payment of the prescribed parking fees. The allotment letter of the Society means only that much. You cannot allow anyone else to park his vehicle there. If you do not have a vehicle to park there, the lot will have to be surrendered to the Society. This answer does not necessarily mean that you will have the rights as claimed by you, if you had valid proof of sale of the lot to you.

You may have documentary proof of purchase of the flat. Then why did you not ask for documents when you purchased the parking lot also?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register