Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ishiyoomani (nil)     14 June 2013

Parents domestic violence

Dear Sir,

Below is the case study in two parts they are inter-related and also can be dealt independently.
Need your legal step by step help in avoiding any complications.

A relative (Girl, age 18 years) of  mine native UP, we wanted to get married, since i am married we cannot take this step legally hence we decided to wait till the divorce is secured from my wife, needless to say that my marriage life has not worked and i have started to stay seperatly.

Now the problem is girl is sbujected to Domestic Voilence in day to day basis, the matter has totaly changed now, she feels threat of life as there are continous physical abuse and killing threats from her parents, this has been going on from past 7-8 months.

please suggest me legal way to avoid the below effects:-

1. If sent legal notice from bangalore to her parents it might increase the DV.
2. If she is bought out of house to bangalore (i can expect a kidnapping case on me)
3. if she approaches her juridication police stn. that will also increase DV back.

which is the best way to get her free and one of my lady friend is willing to help us in sheltering her.
I also need a lawyer to take this case for me and handle it from end to end.

Thanks,

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

Immediately,get in touch with protection officer.Explain whole situation to him.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

(Guest)

m too interested.

(Guest)

m too interested to know its legal solution.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     14 June 2013

Tell her to contact some Women's organization and take their help to file a case against her parents under DV Act.  The magistrate passes protection order in DV Act and he also directs the family membes to provide a shelter under the roof for her living and maintenance. 

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     14 June 2013

In protection order he directs her parents to not inflict violence against her and if they do so they will be liable for punishment.

ishiyoomani (nil)     15 June 2013

It’s difficult for her to get in touch with women cell, but once she is bought face to face with such Individual/organization she will be able to continue from there to fight for herself.

to get her exposed to legal help initially and to help her stand for her case i wanted solution on how can I initiate on her behalf, such that my action should not aggravate the situation of DV  on her.

From your reply i am sensing that magistrate is taking a call on her guardianship by directing her parents to mend their ways, she wants to leave her parents and wants free will to choose her guardian.

Her ultimate motive is to get conducive environment where she can study her graduation and stand on her feet, to decide what is best for her life.

Note:- She is willing to write in black and white her plight of DV and seeking my help in written note.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register