LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Johnny Mar (Nil)     26 October 2009

Owners Association blocking to park Visitor car parking area

We have purchased a Apartment without car parking, builder has assured me you can park any ware. This was on 2001. Owners Association has formed & registered, I was not there in the formation & creating the rules & bylaw. All other Apartment owners have at-least one covered car parking area.

During all these years i have parked my car in the visitors parking area not more than 5 to 10days,

Now they are saying you cannot park in the visitors area, you have to rent a covered parking area, I don't want to rent covered parking area because owner is charging Rs. 700/- pm.

Owners Association is not willing to allot new car parking area & they have told me to look around!

Help.

Learning

3 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     26 October 2009

The owners association is right in saying so.  PRACTICALLY SPEAKING, as you are going to live there with all other owners as your neighbours I suggest you to accept their view of renting a car parking space, as a legal proceeding challenging the owners association would lead to peaceless situation in your apartment.  Please note that A NEIGHBOUR IS A PERSON MORE IMPORTANT THAN A RELATIVE.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     26 October 2009

Kiran ji, I think you should have taken a letter from the builder regarding the parking space alloted in your name paying whatever charges necessary for that during the time you bought the flat. Usually this is the procedure followed and there it will be mentioned about the number of parking slot also so that no controversy arises afterwards. In your acse, I think owner had orally assured you and now you have to face the consequence. As Krishna Sir, told, you cant go against your neighbours.

1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 March 2012

Is yours a co-operative housing  society? It appears that it is not.  Where in India is your building? How many flats are there in your building? You want to park your car in the open space. Are there other cars parked in the open space? Is parking space still available in the open area?   If you are honest and you are convinced that the other party is unreasonable and unjustified you can always fight for justice. So not too much worry about the advice of Lord R. R. Krishna.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register