Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Motamarri Siva Prasad (SMTS)     03 July 2013

Outstanding tax demand for ay 2007-08

Hi,

I found out from the income tax efiling site that there is an outstanding tax demand of very high 1.51 Lac the assessment year 07-08. I registerd for this site for the last 2 yrs and today while going through available links i am surprised to check such a huge outstanding tax demand. Actually i am working in Bangalore but for 2007, i was in hyderbad campus and i filed my IT returns manually through a Tax consultant in Hyderabad. There is no other information on this tax demand and no intimation/mail on this till now. This demand is almost 50% of my taxblae income in 2006-07 and i not sure how can outstanding amount can be 1.51 Lac. Please suggest, what to do now and what are the implications if i don't respond to this demand. Please guide.

With Best Regards,

Siva

Learning

5 Replies

VISHNU PROMOD SRIVASTAVA (ADVOCATE)     03 July 2013

Pl. send me on my mail scanned copy of return, computation of income and your form 16 of the AY 07-08. After going through these documents  you may be suggested.

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     04 July 2013

Pl bring the matter to the notice of the Tax Consultant in Hyderabad thro' whom u filed the ITR for the AY 2007-08, and request him to get for you an intimation/letter from the Assessing Officer that the arrear-demand has been reduced fully.

1 Like

Motamarri Siva Prasad (SMTS)     05 July 2013

Thanks Vishnu Promod, pls check my PM

Motamarri Siva Prasad (SMTS)     05 July 2013

Thanks RajaGopalan Sir. My jurisdiction is ITO WARD 14(2), Karnataka. How about approaching bangalore based tax consultant on this issue? I could get my ITR and ITR-Acknowledge documents at efiling site. 

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     05 July 2013

You may approachyour Bangalore based tax consultant, as well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register