LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil (Manager)     19 November 2010

Optimum Court Fees For a Property Case

My friend is planning to file a case, against her brother, for her fair share of property rights in her  late father's ancestral property and business.  The high court will order her to deposit the court fees.

What is the best way to evaluate the court fee amount?  If she goes by the rumours of the current property prices, she will have to pay lakhs in court fees.  At the same time, she does not want to underpay and reduce the potential amount of the claim beyond reasonable limits.  How are reasonable court fees calculated for a property case and whose help can be sought in calculating the court fees. How should the optimum amount of court fees be determined?

Learning

9 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     19 November 2010

Sir, consult any advocate for this matter. They will let you know how much will be the court fees looking into the court fees Act of your State.

1 Like

Sunil (Manager)     19 November 2010

My question was more along lines of how do we value a property?

(Guest)

It relates to the property and where it is situated

The state in which the suit is filed

It differes from state to state

Generally the court fees and suit valuation act governs the same.  So consult your local lawyer

dk.anand (legal head)     24 November 2010

dear, plz evaluate thru architect and valulers report for actual value of property pay the court fees as per report.plz take govt valuers in that case.plz file report also in this case

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     24 November 2010

I AGREE WITH SUCHITRA JI

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     26 November 2010

I agree with Suchitra Ji and Mr. S. Ganeshan.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     28 November 2010

GENERALLY H.C WONT ENTERTAIN THE ORIGINAL SUITS EXCEPT PRESIDENTIAL  HIGH CORTS LIKE CHENNAI,MUMBAI,CULCUTTA ETC.,

THE FEE FOR CIVIL COURT WILL BE AROUND 1%.

PLS SEND YOUR CASE DETAILS LIKE STATE, MARKT VALUE ETC., WE CAN GUIDE.

Sunil (Manager)     28 November 2010

The property is in Delhi.  Roughly, around 3 crores at market value.  My friend roughly has 1/6th share in that.

indeep (advocate)     29 November 2010

dear sunil

if the property is of 3 cr and you got only 1/6th share then the value you hv to deposit is for the case you are fighting, means the only 1/6th of total court fee is to be paid.

regards indeep arora advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register