Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RUPA   03 January 2017

Obtain death certificate of grandmother

Hello,

My father died 3 years ago without a will. He has a landed property in Manglore. We are now in the process of transfering the ownership to my mothers name . As per the Hindu Succession Act, 1956 we are class 1 heirs, but as I know my grandmother is also class 1. She died 15 years ago and now we need her death certificate for the transfer process.

How to obtain it, what's the process ?

Pls advice.

Thanks

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 January 2017

apply through online in the website.https://www.mangalorecity.mrc.gov.in/egbnd/SearchReports.do

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 January 2017

After 15 years of death; you may need Cause of Death certificate, Cremation certificate and an affidavit  and may get death certificate from 1st class megistrate.

Take help of local counsel.

(Guest)

Dear Ms. Rupa,

Advice of Mr. Kumar Doab is quite wrong and misleading. As usual, as in several other cases also, as of his habit, Mr. Kumar Doab has not refrained to side track the issue to a very wrong direction, when he adviced, "After 15 years of death; you may need Cause of Death certificate, Cremation certificate and an affidavit and may get death certificate from 1st class megistrate. Take help of local counsel."

First of all, no magistrate can issue a death certificate by acting on behalf of a local municipal corporation. Secondly, as a matter oc commonsense which Mr. Doab seems to be lacking, a question arises, how you would be able to produce a cremation certificate after 15 years of death of your grandmother?

Another question of commonsense arises, if you are unable to produce certificate of cremation, can you be denied death certificate of your grandmother?

Still another question arises, why should you need to take help of a local counsel if you can apply formally by yourself to the Mangaluru municipal corporation by fulfilling some other simple formalities?

As usual in several other cases also, Mr. Kumar Doab has tried to create utter confusion in to your mind in order to make your problem much more complicated than providing any realistic solution.

In other words, besides creating complication in your problem by misdirecting you with his wrong advice, he has tended merely to waste your time and energy by unnecessarily running from pillar to post with wrong idea that only magistrate can issue you a derath certificate of your grandmother.

SO, THE ADVICE OF MR. KUMAR DOAB IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG AND CANNOT BENEFIT YOU EVEN SLIGHTLY IN SOLVING YOUR PROBLEM.

God knows with what of his hidden intention he has tried to misguide you towards a very wrong direction.

EVEN OTHERWISE ALSO, you cannot expect any legitimate advice from a person, who always appears with a fake identity, as he has not shown his real name, face (photo) and location in his profile. HE ALWAYS APPEARS WITH HIS FAKE IDENTITY, NEVER COMES FORWARD WITH HIS REAL NAME, PHOTO AND LOCATION PLACE. He has very openly refused to come forward with his real identity (name, photo and place of his location) at his LCI profile, even on several repeated requests.

EVEN on your specific advice to reveal his identity, he won’t oblige you to reveal his REAL NAME, PHOTO AND PLACE OF LOCATION. FOR EXPERIMENT SAKE, YOU MAY LIKE TO TRY your luck. I AM SURE, HE WON'T do that.

If an expert, he should not have felt the need to hide himself. Probable reasons for a person to hide himself are generally the followings:

• Either he can be a criminal; OR
  • A fraud; OR
  • Cannot be an expert, but only be acting as a tout of some lawyers on commission basis to first to confuse the person struggling with a problem by making his problem more and more complicated, then recommending him about any one of the lawyer for whom he may be working.

You may like to see some examples, where Mr. Kumar Doab tried to make the problems complicated by side-tracking the issues to quite a different directions.

For example Mr. Kumar Doab confused the authors of a problem pertaining to "wife's share to property" but loaded with his HUNDREDS OF PAGES of google searched irrelevant junk material consisting of amendment of Goa Educational Rules and an Act of succession after death of the owner, while the person was still alive. You may like to see that by opening the link: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Wife-s-right-to-share-in-property-in-Goa--626526.asp  

A question arises, when the problem did not have even a remote concern with education in Goa, for what purpose that link was provided?

Another example can be seen in the problem of the author concerned with “purchased property without sale deed”, but Mr. Kumar Doab gave the colour of adverse possession due to that even the experts could get misled and concentrated their advice about adverse possession of the property. The same can be seen at the link: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Notary-land-documents-625956.asp

There are several such type of examples where he used to misguide several members with his wrong advice.

ANYWAY, I CAN ONLY WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK, IF YOU TRY TO FOLLOW HIS ADVICE!

(Guest)

Dear Ms. Rupa,

If the incident of death could not be registered with the Municipal Corporation of Mangaluru within one year of occurence, the simple solution for you is to register the event now to the municipal corporation on payment of late fees of Rs.10/- after obtaining an order of a Magistrate of the first class or a Presidency Magistrate, as per the provisions of the Registration of the Births and Deaths Act.

A magiastrate will not issue any death certificate, as advised wrongly by Mr. Kumar Doab.

(Guest)

A pertinent question arises, since when the Magistrates 1st Class have been assigned the duties and responsibilities of Registrar/ Sub Registrars of Births & Deaths, as per the advice of Mr. Kumar Doab, to issue death certificates?

For confirmation sake, you may like to ask Mr. Kumar Doab to intimate since when and with which order the Government of Karnataka 1st Class Magistrates have been allocated the job of the Registrar/ Sub-registrar of Births & Deaths.

RUPA   04 January 2017

Hello Mr Rama,

I tried going for the url website.https://www.mangalorecity.mrc.gov.in but it gives an error message. Pls advice

RUPA   04 January 2017

Hello Mr.Dhingra,

Thanks for the info. As I mentioned I am not able to go through the url.

Also any idea how long is the process.

(Guest)

Dear Ms. Rupa,

The link is quite ok. But while making copy paste in the browser, tha link gets the following more text added, as that pertains to the LCI, i.e.,

"Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=145690&offset=1"

You will have to delete that carefully to retain the link up to the word "DO" of the link provided by Mr. Rama Chari.

So, only the exactly suggested link should remain in the browser whicle entering the key to open the link. The registration page will open.

If still feel any difficulty, you may simply type the following website name on the browser

www.mangalorecity.mrc.gov.in

Then click on the menu of "Citizen Online Services" wherte you can find the link for "Birth & Death Records. With the help of that link you can also know whether the registration of death had already been made or not after the death of your grandmother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register