LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J B Goel (Chief Manager)     28 January 2020

Nri status

I am US Green card holder (permanent resident) since 27.11.2018. In the financial year 2019-20, I was in India for 5 months i.e. i was in USA for 7 months and shall remain 8 months in USA for the financial year 2020-21. In USA, while in USA, I work as substitute teacher in diffrent Govt Schools of a county and is paid for working days (working days 93 days in this year).

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     28 January 2020

So what, whats the query

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 January 2020

What do you expect from experts for obligation on this platform ?

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     28 January 2020

If it's a tax matter, if you earn in India, such earnings need to be credited to your NRO account only and not to NRE account. Whatever you earn in India, is subject to income tax in India. Your Employer has to deduct TDS from the compensation)salary paid to you even if it is abroad. If you want to remit such earnings to your country of residence, credited to such NRO account, you can do so, upto an annual (1st April to 31st March) limit of $250,000 subject to your and your Chartered Accountant submitting income tax Certificate/Forms of 15CA and 15CB to the bank handling your remittance. If you wish to continue to have Indian Citizenship too besides your Green Card holder status, you can apply for Overseas Citizen Card (OCI) for which you have to apply through Indian Embassy in the place of your residency. OCI card holder need not apply for Visa everytime he/she visits India. Based on and showing OCI card you can enter India any number of times. All facilities a NRI enjoys OCI card holder also enjoys. If your doubt/query is still something else other than the above clarifications, please be specific and write direct question.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     28 January 2020

post material facts for better appreciation of case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register