LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushan   11 January 2016

Nri marraige

I am a punjabi currently abroad returning in May to Delhi to get married to my fiance (Gujarati) residing in Mumbai. Family members are in favor of marriage and would like to go for court marriage as I need the marriage certificate same day. This the most important requirement. Can you please tell me the detailed process. Under which Marriage act would it come Hindu or Special Marriage Act? Also, do we have to submit the intent to marry to the court.

Thanks in Advance.

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     11 January 2016

if both are hindus by religion then the marriage would be done under hindu marriage act otherwise it would be under special marriage act

Sushan   11 January 2016

Thanks Saravanan. Is it possible to get marriage registered in Delhi?

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     14 January 2016

Yes, as rightly advised by Mr.Saravanan, you may opt either.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     14 January 2016

Yes you can get your Hindu marriage registered in Delhi if you have proof of address of Delhi (Passport). The registration even in Delhi is done not on the same day but a date of 5-7 days given when both parties with one witness having PAN card are required to be present before the Marriage Registrar (SDM/ADM) of the district where you applied for marriage registration on the basis of proof of address in Delhi.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register