LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rani jain (others)     17 May 2014

Nri husband threatening for divorce

I got married in Jan-2014 with NRI based in Europe, After 20 days of marriage my husband left for Europe leaving me with in laws. As in laws were harassing me-abusing & beating.  I moved to my parents place after 8 days. Since then my husband was in touch with me through phone. My dependant visa is still under process. But from last 2 months he has stopped any sort of communication with me & just threatening me for divorce. I don't want to divorce him as my marriage means a lot to me. His parents are brainwashing him to divorce me. I have wrote lot of messages & mails to him, but he is just not responding. I am not even sure he will call me to Europe after visa is processed.

Please help me, I will never agree for divorce as we were together only for 20days. Is there any way he can force divorce on me. What actions I can take to keep my marriage alive. There is no communication between two families as well.

Learning

6 Replies

Kapil Gupta (Advocate)     17 May 2014

Dear ma'am, you should ho to the ministry of women and children development. There, you would find a separate cell for the matter of NRI cheating cases. You can register your complaint there. For anymore help, you can contact me on my e- mail id or my mobile. E-mail: kaypee.gupta@gmail.com Mobile: 9795117398 Thank you.
1 Like

rani jain (others)     17 May 2014

Dear Kapil, Thanks a lot!  Would like to know more about is there any possiblity of him filing divorce over me, as marriage is only 5 months old and we have not stayed together for more than 20days.

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     18 May 2014

1.It is better you file police complaint  nearest your house, against t your husband and in-laws under section 498a, or in the women cell.Also you approach  the Indian embassy and narrate the facts to them and take action in this regard.

2.100% there is no possibility of filing the divorce case

srishaila,advocate,bangalore,9741425514,sdharani120@gmail.com

1 Like

(Guest)

I have to differ from the above replies, reasoning:

1. The above repliers have suggested to file 498a on husband and family, but what do you think by filing 498a you can save your divorce or you can make your husband to love you? exactly not and It can't be possible ever.

2. Your case is not of love or divorce now but it is a case of cheat and fraud.

3. Better go for amicable divorce by taking mcd from him. Ask your streedhan, genuine alimony and part away without lingering your precious life before slow indian judiciary.

4. Your marriage tennure is very short and even you have no child.so, its better to start afresh life with a compatible partner. And this time don't go for nri status, world tour, luxury car with wealth seat belt. Choose your partner according to your conscience, compatibilty and with whom you feel comfortable. Never be in hurry to get married , take your time once you are satisfied to carry this relationship to next level , where chances are very remote to come back.

5.. You seems highly educated and can earn enough to enjoy your life. Better move on and think only for yourself and not for pleasing the society.

6. The vermillion on forehead can't be much costlier than your life. Its your badluck that you got such husband. So, don't assume this badluck as your fortune or destiny. Just go for revoltand free your self from this relationship.

PS: IF YOU HAVE Got THIS MUCH TORTURE FROM YOUR HUSBAND AND IN LAWS THEN AGAIN WHY YOU WANT TO GO Back IN THE SAME HELL?

Your allegation contradicts with your own wish. So, better remove this thinking or else you won't get anything from your life.

GOOD LUCK,

ESIS

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 May 2014

In my opinion you should not rush up with the legal issues so soon.  You have life to live and it is hardly 5 months after your marriage, therefore, by involving elder from both the sides, arrange for a peaceful talks and arrive at an amicable solution.  Do not be the reason for destroying the sacred institution of marriage between your and your husband by initiating any legal action on the basis of wrong advises of people around you.  Tha passage of time will answer all your questions.

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     19 May 2014

"After 20 days of marriage my husband left for Europe leaving me with in laws. As in laws were harassing me-abusing & beating."    "...But from last 2 months he has stopped any sort of communication with me & just threatening me for divorce. "

It is difficult to believe that in a normal environment your in-laws were "beating" you within 20 days of your marriage. It is even more difficult to believe that based upon living with you for just 20 days your husband wants a divorce. Point is that something must have happened during those 20 days that you are not disclosing. I can guess a whole lot of possibilities.  Given your and your husband's background (both of you appear to be educated and fairly sophisticated), this factual narration of yours sounds more like fiction.

You cannot get genuine advice by disclosing partial facts.  Its easy to blame it all on husband and in-laws. Your facts, as disclosed, should sound logical. Here they don't.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register