LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

alibaba   04 April 2015

Nri husband is ignoring me what to do?

My husband works in US on H1B visa and I am H4 dependent. I lived with him for 1 year and then we came for vacation to India. 

While returning after vacation, he left by himself due to our quarrel and its more than 6 months since him and his family is ignoring me to send visa papers to me to go back to live with him.

What are the legal options I have to save my marriage? In worst case scenario, if my husband has decided to completely ignore me, what should I do?

Learning

18 Replies

(Guest)

it is something you should make a call based on the incidents...asking for and taking forward anything legally will only make your relationship with husband and his family  beyond reparable..

dont even think of things like 498a (just for quarels) as you might hear from some people which is nothing but next to ending your marital life..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2015

a streotpe story of NRI MArriages.

alibaba   04 April 2015

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     04 April 2015

Alibaba, U are not the actual victim.

alibaba   04 April 2015

Sainath, I am not the actual victim. I am asking on behalf of my cousin. Does it matter who is the victim? Someone is the victim.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     04 April 2015

No answers here for arrogant replies

alibaba   04 April 2015

Sainath, Someone else will help if not you. Don't worry about it at all.

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     04 April 2015

Arrogant alibaba are experts your sasurals?? By the virtue of your name do kulja Sim Sim all problems will be solved. Learned experts don't give a hive to these kind of arrogants they are typical NRI they can hire a nice advocates.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 April 2015

One  cannot forget that the experts here are giving charitable advise free of cost using their precious time, private electricity and net connection.  They do not deserve to be addressed arrogantly.

First of all victims of NRI marriages do passionately walk into misery and they and their parents keep aspiring and praying for years to get such misery.

then you are arrogant to Mr Sainath Devalla who is important member of the forum.

refer earlie query on https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=118276&offset=1#.VSC3F46Izwx

probably their you represented NRI husband

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     05 April 2015

Thank U Sudhir Kumarji,

They have come here to seek guidance from the experts, and every expert is angry on repeated queries and benami queries. They don't have the patience until they receive the appropriate solution for their problem. Every expert will have his own way of dealing a particular, they may differ in expression, but the ultimate result is to make the querist  happy. Finally the case will actually be dealt by a local lawyer, who will  be the friend philosopher and guide for the victim. I have been repeatedly warning the querists to restrain themselves from targeting the experts.

Mr Devalla you have already advised this queriest on other thread when he came to represent NRI husband.

Now he came to represent a wife of NRI.

It is free advisory forum.  Now this forum also has option to pay and seek advise but why should one use this option

मुफ्त के चंदन घिस मेरे नंदन

लम्बा तिलक लगा बाबा

पैसा कोई मांगे तो आगे आगे जा बाबा

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     05 April 2015

So now I should resort  to advice on payment only. I have 35yrs standing as an advocate,  I have left my active firm to my successors, and have taken semi retirement. Why should I face humiliation answering stupid querists.

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     05 April 2015

@Sainath the querist is gone. Appreciate your inputs for people struggling. During 2011 to 2014 I was using this this site and benefitted the most. It is only giving back what I have learnt to the needy ones and not to the ones who take advice for granted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register