LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Diego stanga (Self employed)     24 January 2014

Now what to do after filing rti ?

Sir/Madam I filed RTI against CIDCO authorities in mumbai because they were not recording our Nomination for our estate property. That is, on the bases of some of our relatives objections which are handwritten. Which stated that we are forcefully doing it. The person on who's name the property is, is on bed. He/She cant go there. They are not cooperating to come home also.

Now the time period of RTI is getting over and still we have got no reply.

I think the time period for them was 45 days.

Sir/Madam, Kindly suggest what to do now.

Learning

9 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 January 2014

Submit your grievanceto the govt. officials through online with www.pgportal.gov.in along with your copy of rti application.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 January 2014

Repeated query

Diego stanga (Self employed)     24 January 2014

Ramachary sir I visited the website but I'm confused to put my greievenceto under which department/ministry. I don't know CIDCO comes under which govt department/ministry. Can you pls suggest sir. It's urgent pls reply fast sir.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 January 2014

You revisit the web site and find out the solution for your query patiently, donot expect spoon feeding.

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     25 January 2014

Gentleman,

There is some confusion in the query raised.You say you have filed RTI against CIDCO, please note you can ask for information which is available with the Addressee. You should not expect some action against Authorities that may be . You can only ask for whether nomination for the particular property has been entered in the records or not.Under RTI you cant ask why the Nomination has not been entered.

The time period for supply of information in the normal course is 30 days and not 45 days.

You may file an appeal before the first Appellate authority,if the information is not forthcoming.

Diego stanga (Self employed)     25 January 2014

Ajit sir see what has happened, We wanted to file nomination for our estate property but due to some handwritten objection letters from our relatives we are not able to proceed and the officers have not given any reply to us. So we went to their head office and filed an RTI in their RTI department. Stating how much time is required to file an Nomination? and Requesting to submit all the relevant objection letters to us. But till now sir we haven't got any reply and today is the 46th day.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 January 2014

Mr./Ms. XYZ,

NO REPLY FOR AQ. 

REPEATED QUERY AND IT IS A VAGUE QUERY

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     30 January 2014

simply filing an RTI you can not be sure for the matter to be herd within time-frame sir, you have been already late, in normal case it takes it should have sorted within days as you are telling going to be 45days, it is better for you to have gone to1st appellate authority provided the information is still not forthcoming. It's not spoon feeding weapons with us.   

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     31 January 2014

1.    Irrespective of the whatever Delay, you may proceed to file First Appeal before the appellate authority, with prayer to condone off the delay.  Do not bother about such trivial details.

2.  IF the appellate authority does not conduct an hearing, THEN immediately file Second appeal before the SIC (Administrative Building, Opp Mantralaya, Mumbai),  where the matter will be prudently heard, irrespective of the delay or whatever.

3.  The Website  " www.pgportal.gov.in  ", is only for issues pertaining to Central Govt. and does not entertain State Govt related issues.   CIDCO, under "urban ministry" is related to Maharashtra State.

4.  Be persistent and prudent with your RTI queries and you will be successfull, irrespective of anything.  REMEMBER,  The GOD of death (Yama) was subdued by the persistent attitude of Mrs. Savitri to return life to her dead Husband Mr. Saytyavan,  which conclusively means that EVEN GODS YIELD TO PERSISTENT PERSONS.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register