Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipak kumarr (Managing Director )     09 August 2015

Notice u/s 142(1) of the it act

Regards ! 

I have filed my IT Returns u/s 139 of the IT ACT on time for the AY 09-10. I received notice from the AO.The following is the sequence:

1} I received a notice u/s 142(1) of the IT ACT, 1961 for the AY 09-10 asking me to furnish few details as asked by the AO.

2} The AO referred about a notice u/s 148, whereas the fact is that i have not received any notice u/s 148 till date.

3} I replied to AO mentioning about the non receipt of any notice u/s 148 and requesting for the proof of delivery of the same. 

4} After a gap of 45 days of my reply, the AO again sent a letter asking me to furnish details u/s 142(1) of the IT ACT. 

Please advise me how to proceed in this matter. Should i submit the details or...

Thanking you,

Yours 

Aparajeet

Learning

2 Replies

ISHWAR LAL PAREEK (PROPRIETOR)     09 August 2015

Proceedings U/s147/148 has been initiated by AO in your case .Write a letter in compliance of notice U/s 142(1) that you have not received notice U/s 148, so please supply a copy thereof along with to whom it was served and on which date it was served.After receipt of notice U/s 148 send return of income for that year in compliance of notice u/s 148 along with letter requesting the AO to supply reason for initiating action U/147/148. When you will get the reasons the basis of making re-assessmentwill be clear to you.    I.L. PAREEK,Adv 

ISHWAR LAL PAREEK (PROPRIETOR)     09 August 2015

The AO has initiated action U/s 147/148 in your case, so write a letter to AO to please send a copy of notice issued U/s 148 along with date of service and to whom it was served. When you receieve this notice and information then send a fresh return of income disclosing all material facts.

A letter requesting the AO to please supply copy of reasons recorded for initiating action U/s 147/148 be supplied. When you will receive said reasons the true picure come before you.

I. L. PAREEK, Adv

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register