Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish (student)     19 December 2010

Notice to tenant

Hi 

I have a shop and the tenant has increased the rent above the amount of rent control act applicable and 5months has elapsed  Can i give him a notice for eviction or is there any limitation period ...Kindly help . 

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

tenant means who run the shop and owner is  who receives rents from tenant. kindly clarify what do you want to clairify

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     19 December 2010

U r tenant or landlord??

HI 

I am the landlord sir ..

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     19 December 2010

reveal your query more clearly.....

And i want to send the notice to the tenant to vacate the premises ...

sir i am the landlord of a shop and recently the tenant has increased the rent ... I want to send him notice seeking vacating the premises and i need it for my personal purposes to setup my own business Bonafide purposes so can i send him notice .. My Question is its only been 5 months were the rent has been increased so is there any limitation period in the limitation act which will not validate the notice ...

Waiting for your help and thank in advance 

Ashok Batta (Solicitor & Advocate)     22 December 2010

There is no such period prescribed in the limitation act for sending such a notice.Now since you say that the rent is more than the applicability of the rent contrl act, then in such a case notice for seeking possession shall have to be filed under section 106 of the transfer of property act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register