LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditi   16 December 2018

Notice for recovery of society dues

Appointed auditor has given us notice for recovery of pending dues of 2 years within 15 days. My brother and I are jobless and we don't have enough funds to pay society dues as our mother age 69 is ill. Society is well aware about this condition. Whatever limited funds are there we are using for her medication and to survive on daily basis. In the notice it is mentioned that if we don't pay the said amount in 15 days then appointed auditor will apply to registrar under act 1960 sec 101. Ten days have completed. Can the society dues be write off as we are unable to pay? And what action will be taken after 15 days? What should I do to stop this action?

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     16 December 2018

The Society dues cannot be written off. You had better request the Society Managing committee to help you in the matter. Under Section 101 Society can cancel your membership and collect the dues from the sale proceeds of the flat.

Aditi   16 December 2018

Thank you for reply. The society has been dissolved due to misdeeds of office bearers. Auditor has been appointed in AGM. So now do I have to give an application to registrar or auditor? So that they could give me extra time

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register