LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naga   21 November 2016

Not able to deposit rent

My aunt has been living as a tenant in an apartment in chennai for the past 20 years..She has been paying the rent regularly...All of a sudden the owner wants my aunt to vacate the flat.. Since my aunt dint vacate, he threatened my aunt with some goons and ended up going to the police station, where the inspector told things have to be taken to court...My aunt told the owner clearly, whatever has to be done we will move legally and we can't vacate now as we are aged..All of a sudden for the past 2 months we are unable to deposit the rent in his bank account as the owner seems to have closed that SB rent account to create some problems..I would like to know what steps have to be taken by my aunt from hereon..How can she deposit the rent..Will it cause any problems to my aunt.

Learning

3 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     21 November 2016

You move Rent Control court under hte relevant act and file acase that LANDLORD FORCIBLY TRYING TO EVICT US WE NEED  TIME AND I'm A SENIOR CITIZEN AND NOT KEEPING GOODHEALTH AND HE HAS CLOSED HIS BANK ACCCOUNT ALSO WHERE WE USED TO DEPOSIT RENT. THEN IF COURT PERMITS YOU TO  DEPOSI RENT IN COURT.YOU CAN DEPOSIT RENT IN COURT. RENT CONTROL aCT HAS BEEEN ENACTED FOR THE BENENFIT OF TENANTSyOU CAN PRy th ecour tf0for fixatrion of fair rent ro  standard  rent also. If you appreciate  this answer please convey my forum thanks by clicking thanks.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     21 November 2016

The second part of the  ABOVE PARAGRAPH IS  YOU CAN PRAY THE COURT FOR FIXATION OF FFAIR RENT OR STANDARD RENT ALSO.

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     21 November 2016

If you have mentally decided to fight out the dispute in court of law, it is better to take an experienced lawyer in Rent control act in to confidence and take appropriate steps without loss of time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register