Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shivendra Nath Tripathi (Dental Surgeon Orthodontist Hospital Adm)     14 June 2011

Non practicing allowance

I wanted to know what is rule for payment of Non Practising allowence to a doctor on maternity leave in government service?.

1. Can non payment of NPA during maternity leave be challenged in court? Reason I believe that a doctor is not practising even during a maternity leave because as per clause and he is paid NPA to cover it.
  2. that if NPA is not paid during maternity leave then can a person work somewhere else?
  3. Isn't it a breach of service agreement between the employer and employee by not paying NPA maternity leave?

Thankix for every one for reading, please give ur opinions

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Tripathi,

Leave salary to a person on leave on full pay is paid equal to what he or she was drawiing before proceeding on leave. So, in my views, if the doctor was entitled to NPA immediately before proceeding on leave he/she was entitled to draw NPA during leave also.

1) You can challenge non-payment of NPA in a court of law;

2) If NPA is not paid, she can pracise, if she desires so, as NPA is paid only for not practising privately.

3) Definitely, if is a breach of agreement, if NPA is stopped without any reasobable ground, or if not specifically provided in the leave rules of the organisation concerned.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register