LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samee ( )     26 December 2013

Noc from builder for change of electricity bill

I have purchased a property in Andheri (East) which was redeveloped 5 years back. The builder has not handedover the society since he is suppose to redevelop another building on the same plot which is not happening due to differences between the existing owners and the builder.

Due to all these reasons the builder does not entertain anybody. The society is not yet formed as they all are scared of the builder. The electricity bill is still on his name, i would like to change it on my name but the builder refuses to give us the NOC for it. We have Reliance Engergy. Please suggest a way forward.

Learning

1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     29 December 2013

1.  There is no need for builders NOC, for change in name on Electricity Bills, subject to availability of a duly stamped and registered sale-purchase agreement.

2.  In lieu of builders NOC, just simply submit an Affidavit cum Indemnity Bond on a 200/- stamp paper, alongwith the duly stamped and registered sale-purchase agreement,  to the Electricity compnay. 

IF the electiricty company still refuses to change name on electricity bill, THEN simply file a Consumer Court complaint, for deliberate deficiency in services and claim damages and compensations.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register